PLE forum

Full Version: Change the helpfile (Addsup)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the helpfile there is a Data description/conditions for tabel ADDSUP.
I have request to change the helpfile because the description is not clear.

AX-NB+TP-T:
Total support force in axial pipe direction at node number (n) in LOCAL node coordinate system due to extra top(soil) load in excess of downward soil reaction
this is the total support force in axial pipe direction at node number (n) in LOCAL node coordinate system due to soilnb and topload

LAT-NB+TP-T:
Total support force in lateral pipe direction at node number (n) in LOCAL node coordinate system due to extra top(soil) load in excess of downward soil reaction
this is the total support force in lateral pipe direction at node number (n) in LOCAL node coordinate system due to soilnb and topload

S-Z-NB+TP:
Additional support force in global Z-direction at node number (n) due to extra top(soil) load in excess of downward soil reaction
this is the Additional support force in global Z-direction at node number (n) due to soilnb and topload

I don't now exactly how you can describe it more clearly.
Maybe you need to change the text in the columns or an extra comment with NB = SOILNB/RB and TP = Topload.

I hope the helpfile gets more clearly for looking to the support forces.
Thank you for your suggestions. We are busy modifying the help file and will take your proposed changes in consideration.
Ticket no. 1065 has been assigned to this.

P Herwig MSc

The description is updated in the help file (version 4.2.0).