PLE forum

Full Version: Calculation of element(s) not successful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Affected version: Ple4Win v4.2.0
Reproducible: It cannot be reproduced always.

I am trying to do a calculation, but Ple4Win stops the calculation unexpectedly.
NaN values are generated in all output tables in DF6.2, see printscreen below.

[attachment=297]

The following warning message will appear in the warning table.

[attachment=296]

Jens, I have sent you the project file, so you can debug it.

This happened a few times in the latest version of Ple4Win (v4.2.0), but didn't occure in the earlier versions of Ple4Win.
The few times the calculation failed in DF6.2 was when the NEN check analysis mode was selected in DF1.

After a Set Back to DF6.1 the calculation in DF6.2 will be correct again when you hit the process button on the roadmap.
We recently discovered the same error during in-house testing. We found a way to always reproduce the above error, that should make fixing the bug easier. This issue has been assigned ticket no 1124.
Good to hear that you have found the problem.
This bug is still there in Ple4Win v4.2.3

This bug happens sometimes when a fully processed project file is set back and an input table is changed afterwards and the process button is runned. It will hang at table RMAXNEN giving NaN values.
Saving the project file will corrupt the project file. After saving it will hang at RMAXNEN.
We fixed the situation where we could reproduce the situation where NaN's were generated.

So apparently you stumbled across a somewhat different situation.

Again, as long as the bug is not reproducable, it is difficult for us to find and eliminate it. Intermittend bugs are the worst kind there is... Sad

Could you please elaborate what "It will hang at table RMAXNEN" means. The program freezes?

I will reopen the ticket to make sure we look into it.
It may be a different situation then. The program doesn't freeze. It will give a popup when DF6.2 is processed. It has to do with setting back a design function and changing a table and running the project file. I can't reproduce this issue. If it occurs again I will try to reproduce the steps. This one is indeed very difficult. This issue happens approx. in 1 of the 10 calculations since the release of Ple4Win v4.2.3.
Hello Jens,

This issue still exists in the latest Ple4Win version 4.3.0 build 14120.

I can reproduce the issue now. I have attached an example project file where this issue occurs.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
Step 1: Open 'Limit State B.1 (inwendige druk).plex' which is attached in this post;
Step 2: Set Back in the roadmap to DF4.2 (Pipeline Loading);
Step 3: Go to SETZ and insert the following data for example:
[attachment=613]
Step 4: Run the project from the roadmap process button without testing the table SETZ;
Step 5: When DF 6.2 is finished click on the 'Save the project' button on the toolbar;
Step 6: Set Back in the roadmap to DF4.2 (Pipeline Loading);
Step 7: Clear the whole SETZ table with the 'Remove all data from table' button from the toolbar in the workspace panel;
Step 8: Run the project from the roadmap process button.

Step 8 will never be finished, because of this error:
[attachment=614]
Look now in table RDPLMAX:
[attachment=615]
Thank you for supplying a reproducible situation. I just confirmed that this bug does appear here as well.
I reopened ticket J-1202, we will look into it.

Please note that closing Ple4Win and restarting the program prior to (re)calculating DF6.2 does help, you can use this as a workaround until this issue is fixed.
(19-01-2015, 01:03 PM)Dr. J Foerster Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for supplying a reproducible situation. I just confirmed that this bug does appear here as well.
I reopened ticket J-1202, we will look into it.

Please note that closing Ple4Win and restarting the program prior to (re)calculating DF6.2 does help, you can use this as a workaround until this issue is fixed.

Another way to reproduce this issue (shorter steps):
Step 1: Open 'Limit State B.1 (inwendige druk).plex' which is attached in this post;
Step 2: Set Back in the roadmap to DF6.2 (Cross-Section Behaviour);
Step 3: Run the project from the roadmap process button;
Step 4: When DF 6.2 is finished click on the 'Save the project' button on the toolbar;
Step 5: Set Back in the roadmap to DF6.2 (Cross-Section Behaviour);
Step 6: Run the project from the roadmap process button. The bug will appear during this process.