PLE forum

Full Version: Sometimes apphang Ple4Win.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Affected version: Ple4Win Professional version 4.3.0 build 14120 / 4.3.1 build 15032

When one closes a project file by closing <red right-top cross button in the title bar> the Ple4Win program will close. If you have Windows File Explorer listed/opened in the taskbar, Windows will return back to the directory in Windows File Explorer. When one opens then another project file within a few seconds the following warning may appear:

[attachment=672]

[attachment=673]

This issue is not always reproducible.
I have attached the Windows Error Reports of two Ple4Win crashes.

The version build number in P2 in the logbook should be 4.3.0.14120 in this case.
Used operating system: Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit (all .NET Framework updates has been installed).
Thanks for reporting this. It is not a situation we encountered before.

I am not sure about what we can do about this. The error logs do not give a useful indication on what might be the cause of the crash. Maybe it is a timing problem, Windows might be still working on closing the program in the background (or doing garbage collection).

From your post I understand that this issue does not occur if a bit of time is allowed to pass between program closure and the next program start. So a bit of patience is the best workaround here Wink
We will look into it, and try to reproduce it here.