This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving the project file twice
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012, 05:55 PM by shaswin.)
Saving the project file twice
Affected version: Ple4Win 4.2.0

When you process and run a complete project file (from DF1 till DF6.2) and click afterwards on the "Save the project."-icon on the "view"-toolbar, you would think the file is saved, but when closing the file afterwards a popup appears for saving the project file again.
So, you have to save the project file twice.
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM,
RE: Saving the project file twice
Hi Shaswin,

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this behaviour. You didn't change anything after saving the project, but before closing it?

Grateful if you can explain me how to reproduce this.
05-04-2012, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012, 10:47 AM by shaswin.)
Hi Paul,

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

Step 1: Open the project file (compressed in "bc.zip") in the educational version of Ple4Win;
Step 2: Set back to DF1 by clicking on the red x-button on the roadmap. Click on "Yes" with your mouse to agree;
Step 3: Click on the process icon on the roadmap, so that DF1 till DF6.2 will be processed;
Step 4: Click on the "Save the project."-icon on the toolbar quickly after step 3 is finished (or use <Ctrl+S>);
Step 5:Click quickly after step 4 on the x-close button on top right corner of the Ple4Win program. You will get then an extra popup asking if you want to save the file. So, you have to save the file in total twice.

This issue is also occuring in the professional version of Ple4Win.

Try it several times if this not works for you. The timing of clicking with your mouse on the buttons is very important.

Can you confirm me if you have reproduced this issue.

Attached Files
.zip   bc.zip (Size: 180.96 KB / Downloads: 1)
23-04-2012, 10:05 AM,
Thanks for your explanation. I am able to reproduce this behaviour with just the last two steps: Save (a changed project) (<Ctrl+S>) and directly close the program.

After a succesful save the project is no longer marked as 'changed'.

What happens in this situation is that the user is trying to close the program whilst it is busy saving the project (notice that the program shows "Saving Project Database..." in the bottom left corner while saving). Since the current save is not yet finished, the project is, at that exact moment, still marked as 'changed' and you will get the pop-up message whether you want to save the changes. Causing the project to be saved once again directly after finishing the first save.

I registered this issue as ticket 1111.
19-01-2015, 01:54 PM,
This issue still exists in version Ple4Win 4.3.0. When "Saving Project Database..." is displayed closing Ple4Win with 'Ctrl+Q' Ple4Win will wait till it is finished saving and it will close Ple4Win afterwards. But when I close using the close button in right upper corner during

the "Saving Project Database..." the popup of saving still appears. It should work as the 'Ctrl+Q'.
20-01-2015, 03:03 PM,
I am not sure I understand the situation you are describing. <Ctrl-Q> only closes the project, but does not close the program itselft (that is <Alt-F4>).

I was not able to close Ple4Win during a "save project" in such a way that the program asked whether the project should be saved (again)...
20-01-2015, 03:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2015, 03:52 PM by shaswin.)
(20-01-2015, 03:03 PM)Dr. J Foerster Wrote: I am not sure I understand the situation you are describing. <Ctrl-Q> only closes the project, but does not close the program itselft (that is <Alt-F4>).

I was not able to close Ple4Win during a "save project" in such a way that the program asked whether the project should be saved (again)...

With <Ctrl-Q> or <Alt+F4> the project file or program will be closed but will never ask to save it twice.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
Step 1: Open a fully processed project file;
Step 2: Set Back to DF6.2;
Step 3: Click on the save button in the toolbar;
Step 4: Close Ple4Win with the red cross close button direct after step 3 during the saving message in left-side bottom of the Ple4Win program.

Closing Ple4Win should be done when the given message is 'Ready.' This way saving twice will not occur anymore.
The reason why you have to Set back in step 2 is because you need to save calculated data, which takes time to save. Saving without Set back is fast (the 'Ready.' message will appear in milliseconds).