This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error E620/E*
08-06-2012, 02:41 PM,
Error E620/E*
Hi, everyone,

I have met one error during the calculation. E620/E*, which says "Calculation of elements not successful". But when I open a new file and import all the data from the crashed file, it calculates successfully.

Does anyone know what kind of bug is it? Thanks

Cheers Peipei
09-06-2012, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2012, 06:14 AM by shaswin.)
RE: Error E620/E*
Peipei,

I did encouter this bug several times. It is related to this reported bug. It has been confirmed.

The issue has been registered under ticket no 1124.

11-06-2012, 09:55 AM,
RE: Error E620/E*
Shaswin is right, this bug is already filed as ticket no. 1124.

The error message is a "summary error", indicating that calculation of the deformation of an element (or elements) in DF6.2 was not successful. Somehow the actual messages indicating why the calculation(s) failed are not generated. That is the main issue we have to fix.
As far as we can see at this moment, the error E620/E* most likely indicated extreme ovalisation (greater than 15% of the diameter).