This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem starting PLE
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM,
Problem starting PLE
Dear Billy,

Since I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop I get the same issue with starting PLE 4.1 as under Vista: During start-up the following error message pops up: "Can't find PLEkernel.dll"

With PLE 4.012 there is no problem during start-up.

Best regards, Frits
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM,
RE: Problem starting PLE
(06-11-2009, 11:32 PM)Frits Wrote: Dear Billy,

Since I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop I get the same issue with starting PLE 4.1 as under Vista: During start-up the following error message pops up: "Can't find PLEkernel.dll"

With PLE 4.012 there is no problem during start-up.

Best regards, Frits

Hi Frits,

Thanks for reporting this bug in Ple4Win to us.
Did you download and install the latest Ple4win from our website? Can you confirm that the file 'msvcr71.dll' exists in Ple4Win directory? Unfortunately, we have not tested Ple4Win on computers running Windows 7, yet. But we will sure do this as soon as possible.
09-11-2009, 03:15 PM,
Hi Billy,

No I did not. With an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 your programfiles will be safed on an external harddrive and reinstalled when the upgrade has finished. So I used release 4.1.0 and when I start up PLE the error message occured. Today I will download release 4.1.1 and see if it works faultless when it starts.
09-11-2009, 08:48 PM,
Hi Billy,

I download PLE version 4.1.1 last night from the website and I've got no error messages during start up of the program, so it seems to work very well ...... as always! Thanks for tip.
10-11-2009, 10:57 AM,
You're welcome, Frits.