This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug warning - Error writing table data to file
19-11-2009, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-11-2009, 10:18 AM by shaswin.)
Bug warning - Error writing table data to file
Affected version:4.1.1 (November 2009)

Reproducable: Always

All input tables are affected, see printscreen

Steps to reproduce this bug:
- Copy from Excel for example 5 rows of data set into a Input table, for example in table G-LEVEL.
- After pasting, remove row 1 of the input table
- Change one value in the table
- Test the table and will get this bug warning, see printscreen below:

Destroying the table will give an another bug warning:

20-11-2009, 01:59 PM,
RE: Bug warning - Error writing table data to file
Hello,

I can not reproduce the error here Confused

If I follow your steps, it is no problem to copy data into the G-LEVEL table, change it and test the table.

I am still registering this as bug 238, but I might need more details on how to reproduce this bug. Are you using a clean project database, are you importing the table through the multi-table import functionality, what status do the POLYDIF and W-LEVEL tables etc.

Jens
20-11-2009, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009, 08:09 PM by shaswin.)
For each printscreen a clean file was used here to confirm that this was reproducable for any table. I will post next week more details on this.

By the way did you tested in version 4.1.1 (build november 2009).
23-11-2009, 10:42 AM,
Thank you, I look forward to it.

We always use the latest version while trying to reproduce an error, unless there is a good reason not to.
In this case I could not recreate the problem using the latest official version of Ple4Win here... Sad
23-11-2009, 11:12 AM,
We succeeded in reproducing the problem! Again thanks for reporting. Now it should be easier for us to fix this bug (238).
23-11-2009, 02:48 PM,
Great to hear that. This error does occur in all input tables where one removes the top row!