This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To display coordinates in Pipeline overview of Polygon point
05-04-2016, 03:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-04-2016, 01:23 PM by shaswin.)
To display coordinates in Pipeline overview of Polygon point
A wish is when one moves the mouse to a certain polygon point the x,y coordinate (top overview) of that polygon point is displayed as a tooltip.
In another view (depth of pipeline) the x,z- or y,z-coordinate can be viewed.

A wish is also to view all coordinates of all polygon points in the pipeline overview and to let the user deactivate/activate each or some of the coordinates for display.
This new function can be added in the 'Show' area.
06-04-2016, 12:22 PM,
RE: To display coordinaties in Pipeline overview of Polygon point
Thank you for your idea.

Just to make sure I understand:
- In the PipeDraw view (2D pipeline view) you only want to see the two of coordinates (e.g. x and y when viewing from top, x and z when viewing from the front etc.)? Or is it also a possibility to always show all three coordinates ([x, y, z])?
- You want to see these as a tooltip? In that case your last wish is not possible as there can always be only one tooltip. We could implement the coordinates as "flags", but then these could cover up parts of the pipeline.
- I am not sure I understand your last wish: You want to be able to select some or all polygon points and then show their coordinates, and all this through some checkboxes, drop-down list or similar in the 'Show'-area?
06-04-2016, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016, 02:06 PM by shaswin.)
See my reply in the bold text. Exporting these plots with the coordinates is intelligent, it is also a verification tool.

(06-04-2016, 12:22 PM)Dr. J Foerster Wrote: Thank you for your idea.

Just to make sure I understand:
- In the PipeDraw view (2D pipeline view) you only want to see the two of coordinates (e.g. x and y when viewing from top, x and z when viewing from the front etc.)? Or is it also a possibility to always show all three coordinates ([x, y, z])?

Showing [x,y,z] coordinates is better indeed. Data formatting should be applied here as given in the Ple4Win Options.

- You want to see these as a tooltip? In that case your last wish is not possible as there can always be only one tooltip. We could implement the coordinates as "flags", but then these could cover up parts of the pipeline.

The tooltip should be shown if it clicked on the polygon point with your mouse or mouse over polygon point, so no multiple tooltips.

- I am not sure I understand your last wish: You want to be able to select some or all polygon points and then show their coordinates, and all this through some checkboxes, drop-down list or similar in the 'Show'-area?

For example with that Show button all coordinates should be shown as a textbox near every polygon points. Double clicking near the polygon point can disable/enable the textbox with the coordinates. So only the enabled textboxes with the coordinates can be plotted. If a pipeline schematic line is below the coordinates make it also possible that the user can move the textbox.
06-04-2016, 02:07 PM,
Post #3 has been updated.
06-04-2016, 03:37 PM,
Thank you for your clarification. We will take your idea into consideration. For now, I assigned ticket no. J-1862 to this request.