This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues importing Excel tables in Ple4Win
14-06-2016, 04:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-06-2016, 01:39 PM by shaswin.)
Issues importing Excel tables in Ple4Win
Affected version: Ple4Win Professional v4.4.0 build 16050 revision May 26th, 2016

I have attached the Excel import file where some issues are occuring.

Issue 1:
When one imports input tables from Excel and some notes are written in Excel outside the Ple4Win input table range Ple4Win gives a warning (for example the ORIGIN table), see screenshot below. It shouldn't check for data values outside the fixed range of an input table.

This worked in earlier version of Ple4Win, somehow the behaviour is changed and a warning is now displayed, which is irritating and not relevant.

Issue 2:
Another is issue when there are a lot of texts outside the input range for example the SUBSIDE input table the data will not get imported. You will see that the SUBSIDE table is empty. You have to remove all your notes to make it work. This worked in earlier version of Ple4Win, somehow the behaviour is changed now.
When for example a formulae is written in column D and E in the SUBSIDE table a #REF warning will appear. Why doesn't PLE doesn't convert the data into a text value before importing?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Voorbereiding_Ple4Win import_BC4_opwarm_gesplitst_lang_SOILRB.xlsx (Size: 181.63 KB / Downloads: 9)
15-06-2016, 10:28 PM,
RE: Issues importing Excel tables in Ple4Win
Hi Shaswin, thanks for reporting this issue. I agree that you don't want messages/warnings about data outside the column range. I will take a closer look into what is going on here by the end of this week.
17-06-2016, 12:38 PM,
Thanks.
17-06-2016, 12:47 PM,
Shaswin, grateful if you can provide additional details as we are unable to reproduce the described behaviour. We have no issues at all when importing the supplied Excel file.
17-06-2016, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-06-2016, 01:29 PM by shaswin.)
(17-06-2016, 12:47 PM)P Herwig MSc Wrote: Shaswin, grateful if you can provide additional details as we are unable to reproduce the described behaviour. We have no issues at all when importing the supplied Excel file.

Try it again with the attached file. I had uploaded an updated Excel file in post #1 with an updated SUBSIDE table, which may be the reason the error was gone.
I have now removed row 1 and 2 from the SUBSIDE table, where now text is written in the first line behind the table and a #REF value is used. Try it again.
I am now not in office and can't test it.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Voorbereiding2_Ple4Win import_BC4_opwarm_gesplitst_lang_SOILRB.xlsx (Size: 172.26 KB / Downloads: 3)
17-06-2016, 01:52 PM,
No issues with this second Excel file as well...
21-06-2016, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-06-2016, 03:45 PM by shaswin.)
(17-06-2016, 01:52 PM)P Herwig MSc Wrote: No issues with this second Excel file as well...

Paul, I can reproduce the issue with the second Excel file.

You can reproduce it by the following steps:
Step 1: Open Ple4Win;
Step 2: Save a new empty project file;
Step 3: Import the second Excel file using the Ple4Win menu. After Importing you will see a blue color legend data in the SUBSIDE input table, see screenshot below:

After clicking on the SUBSIDE table you will see an empty input table, which is not the case in the second excel file.

Can you confirm that you can reproduce the issue...
22-06-2016, 11:27 AM,
Got it! Apparently this behaviour depends on the settings of the Ple4Win Options. If you would enable the Test mode under the Advanced Ple4Win Options you will notice the issues are gone.

I will resolve the issues in the source code right away (J-1897).
22-06-2016, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016, 12:42 PM by shaswin.)
Okay nice. The issue will be resolved soon. Thanks.