This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unhandled program error when canceling on no hardware key
14-10-2016, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016, 12:03 PM by shaswin.)
Unhandled program error when canceling on no hardware key
Version: Ple4Win Professional v4.4.1

I installed professional version 4.4.1 on my home computer to read some new things in the helpfile which are mentioned in the change log, because the online help file is still on 4.4.0 and there is no educational version of version 4.4.1.

I accidently started Ple4Win Professional v4.4.1. When starting a popup appeared saying that the hardware key is missing. That is correct, I don't have any license/hardware key, so I can't run Ple4Win Professional.

I clicked on 'Cancel'. It did not cancel the form above directly. I did hit for the second time on 'Cancel' an unhandled program error did occur:

I think this is a bug. It should Cancel the form when clicked 'Cancel' for the first time.

I use Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607 build 14393.321), which is up to date. I have removed the Ple4Win program from my PC.
24-10-2016, 02:44 PM,
RE: Unhandled program error when canceling on no hardware key
Thanks for reporting this behaviour.

I have to look into it, my test here shows that the program behaves slightly different. The following message is shown in case of no dongle:

There is no unhandled exception in that case.

We will further look into this, I assigned ticket no. J-1952 to this issue.
21-11-2016, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-11-2016, 07:47 PM by shaswin.)
RE: Unhandled program error when canceling on no hardware key
Thanks.

This issue also occurs in a clean Windows 7 SP1 + .NET Framework 4.5.2 installation.