This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labels X, Y and Z are often missing with the axes
12-06-2018, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 06:21 PM by shaswin.)
Labels X, Y and Z are often missing with the axes
Version: Ple4Win Professional v4.4.2

The labels X, Y and Z are missing, when loading the visualisation (default without rotating), with the axes:

It activates the label names of the axes when the user rotates the system:

18-06-2018, 10:53 AM,
RE: Labels X, Y and Z are often missing with the axes
Thank you for mentioning this issue.
However, after a first couple of tests I was not able to reproduce thr behaviour you mention.
Both in versions 4.4.2 and 4.5.0 the axes-indicator does show the letters X, Y and Z right after finishing loading the model:

Could you supply more information on what steps you do to get the indicator without letters? I am especially curious on why it apparently is oriented with the Y-axis straight up and the Z-axis pointing forward. This is not the default starting postion...
19-06-2018, 08:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-06-2018, 08:32 AM by shaswin.)
(18-06-2018, 10:53 AM)Dr. J Foerster Wrote: Thank you for mentioning this issue.
However, after a first couple of tests I was not able to reproduce thr behaviour you mention.
Both in versions 4.4.2 and 4.5.0 the axes-indicator does show the letters X, Y and Z right after finishing loading the model:

Could you supply more information on what steps you do to get the indicator without letters? I am especially curious on why it apparently is oriented with the Y-axis straight up and the Z-axis pointing forward. This is not the default starting postion...
I am using Ple4Win Professional v4.4.2 build 17081.

Steps to reproduce the issue in a situation (there are more situations, which are related to this one):

Step 1: Load BC3.plex (from the attachment in this reply) and maximise the Ple4Win window;
Step 2: Goto CSTRMAX input table. Select ELEM column and MISIS-M Column and Select Groups "L245" from the menu;
Step 3: Click On the 3D Visualisation button;
Step 4: In the Visualisation area select a different group, for example group "Nod.GIJ";
You will see that there are no labels printed at the axes.
You can activate the labels by zooming in and out in the Visualisation window.

Attached Files
.zip   BC3.zip (Size: 906.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
19-06-2018, 10:33 AM,
Thank you for the additional information, I have figured out what the problem is:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" Big Grin

But seriously, it is build-in functionality that exists for a purpose:
The X, Y and Z labels are only shown if the 3D panel has focus. If you click on the side bar (to e.g. change the group), the side bar gets the focus and the 3D panel loses it. At that moment the labels disappear and the 3D cube in the top right corner becomes gray/transparent instead of solid dark-gray. Click anywhere on the 3D panel and it gets focus again, the labels re-appear and the cube gets solid again.
The same happens if you click e.g. on the roadmap, the message panel or the overview panel (if visible).

I have a tendency to keep this functionality as it is. For one, it indicates to the user that e.g. keyboard entry now has effect on the 3d visualisation (or not). Furthermore, this behaviour most likely is very hard to change as it was devised this way by the supplier of the 3D panel.
19-06-2018, 10:38 AM,
(19-06-2018, 10:33 AM)Dr. J Foerster Wrote: Thank you for the additional information, I have figured out what the problem is:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" Big Grin

But seriously, it is build-in functionality that exists for a purpose:
The X, Y and Z labels are only shown if the 3D panel has focus. If you click on the side bar (to e.g. change the group), the side bar gets the focus and the 3D panel loses it. At that moment the labels disappear and the 3D cube in the top right corner becomes gray/transparent instead of solid dark-gray. Click anywhere on the 3D panel and it gets focus again, the labels re-appear and the cube gets solid again.
The same happens if you click e.g. on the roadmap, the message panel or the overview panel (if visible).

I have a tendency to keep this functionality as it is. For one, it indicates to the user that e.g. keyboard entry now has effect on the 3d visualisation (or not). Furthermore, this behaviour most likely is very hard to change as it was devised this way by the supplier of the 3D panel.

Okay.